Monday, June 11, 2007

Pastor's Conference Monday June 11, 2007

As I stated on my early Sunday Morning post, the opportunities for the week are tremendous. We made the 500 mile drive to a small community near Eagle Pass to get a mission group set to conduct a Bible School in a community that has no Baptist and no evangelical witness. Today they had nineteen children in attendance.

Personally, I attended portions of the Pastors conference, met up with some old friends and met others for the first time. Conventions really are about networking and fellowship as well as worship and business. I had the pleasure to meet Eric Geiger, coauthor of Simple Church. I also met Ed Stetzer and discussed some ideas about missional churches. It was also good to meet some of the blogger crowd including Wes Kinney, Bart Barber, and VolFan. They are certainly gracious men standing on their convictions, their love for Jesus, their love for the lost, and their love for Southern Baptist.

As always, Johnny Hunt is a messenger of blessing when he preaches. Jimmy Drapers testimony about temptation should be a warning to us all and James Merrit issued an equally compelling plea. Due to the fact that I arrived in San Antonio well after midnight, I did not attend the afternoon session. Hays Wicker did a fantastic job in lining up the Pastor’s conference. If the crowd tonight is any indicator of things to come, we will see a large crowd for this convention.

I also attended the SBTC welcome to Texas meeting only to be encouraged by Bobby Welch, Morris Chapman, and Bart Barber.

No comments: