Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Live From Amarillo

Today I brought my laptop with me to the convention and found an open access wireless connection. I caught up on email where I needed to and this is an early observation of the convention on its final day.

The crowd is even smaller than for the election of 1st VP yesterday afternoon. I found Montoya's comments about some of the computers on the stage yesterday having Rick Davis' blog open to be intriguing. The evangelistic thrust for the week seems to have netted over 100 folks receiving Christ, PTL.

The mood of the convention has struck me as somber and quiet. As always the music has been great and Warren certainly gave the bell a good ringing in his sermon last night. I was especially disappointed to find out it is not on the list of available audio recordings available for purchase. The sober atmosphere is likely due as much to the size crowd. To full a coliseum so sparsely just prevents an feeling of excitement. Of course, the crowd is older and the music has definitely been hanging out with the traditional crowd. I for one would love to see a representation from our western heritage churches especially considering they are one few evangelistic brights spots in the BGCT. Time to go, the annual sermon is quickly coming.

No comments: