Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tuesday September 2, 2008

Ephesians 1:3

“3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,” (NASB)

Several people have been a great help to me as I have grown from a child to an adolescent and then to early adulthood and now to one whose nest is empty. My parents are right there at the top. They raised me with a continuous exposure to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, were great encouragers, and taught me useful disciplines such as a strong work ethic and financial responsibilities. I speak well of them today. I also speak well of my high school coach because he used the medium of sports to help me develop an abiding sense of hope and in perseverance. These two characteristics have served me well all of my adult life. There are others such as the man who first gave me a job, a Sunday school teacher who was a great model and friend, and several pastors who challenged me to grow in Christ. There is a sense in which my speaking well of them is blessing. To say God is blessed is to speak well of God.

Are you blessing God today? By that question, I do not mean to ask if you are doing things for God. What I do mean to ask is are you taking a little time to remember all He has done for you and in turn speak those things? How do you bless God? You can bless God by singing songs with lyrics that testify of what God has done. You can bless God by continually talking with your family of what God is doing in your life. This week I spoke with a man whose business is seeing prosperous times. He was quick to bless God. Foremost on his mind was the fact that God is the source of his prosperity.

Why not spend the next few minutes blessing God who is worthy of praise. If you are reading this on our blog site, feel free to post some comments listing the blessings you give to God. If you are reading by way of the printed page, then why not make a list of ways that you can speak well of God.

No comments: